Hot Mill Trimmer / Choppers
Machine Concepts has rebuilt many Hot Mill Trimmer / Choppers for several different companies. Rebuild procedure consists of the following:
- Full as received inspection checking Trimmer arbor run-outs, bearing and sleeve endplay checks, and breakaway torques on Chopper set-up.
- Complete teardown, disassembling down to bare arbors and housing.
- Set up arbors and housing on a machine and fully inspect diameters and bore alignments according to print specification.
- Clean all reusable parts and paint where applicable.
- Reassemble arbors and put back into housing.
- Setup chopper knives for proper clearances and heights.
- Final inspection of endplays, arbor run-outs, and breakaway torques.
- Test run for a continuous run, to seat in bearings and assure proper running ability when put back into the line.
- All inspection and run-in data to be given to customer for their records