- Evaluate project guidelines, design criteria and component standards
- Design components and assemblies in 2D and 3D CAD programs (Solidworks, Inventor, ACAD)
- Maintain project schedules and budgets, investigate and execute countermeasures if a project falls outside of the established guidelines
- Assist purchasing, machining and shop assemblers as required during project build
- Provide technical install support at customer facilities as required
- Estimated travel – less than 5% (domestic)
- Estimated overnight travel – less than 1% (domestic)
- Associate’s degree required, Bachelor’s degree preferred. 3-5 years of work experience related to industrial machinery and/or automation equipment is preferred. Applications from candidates outside this range are welcomed. Compensation and responsibilities will be based on qualifications and experience.
- Prior experience in machine design and component analysis is preferred.
- A working knowledge of machinery including weldments, machined parts and power transmission components. Hydraulics and pneumatics experience is a plus.
- Experience with robotic systems is a plus, but not required.
- CAD experience creating 3D parts and assemblies along with 2D detail drawings is required. Solidworks and Inventor experience is a plus.
- Effective verbal and technical writing skills are required.